Monday, November 30, 2015

thanksgiving leftovers: cajun style

I was lucky enough to have someone offer to cook Thanksgiving dinner.  (Thanks Grandma!)  I was also lucky enough to go home with the turkey bones for soup as well copious amounts of delicious leftover turkey.


On Saturday I cooked all day long making a Cajun seasoned turkey and bean soup.  Well, if I'm going to be honest, the crock pot was the one that really cooked all day long.  It was enough soup to feed us all weekend and we're polishing off the last of it for dinner tonight.

And look what I found!  A giant turkey wishbone!


I told Kate that we'd both make a wish and see who got the bigger end of the wishbone.  Lucky her, she was the winner.  That's okay though because my wish was that hers would come true.



And of course, the big bean fan himself, Sir Sam, was also a fan of the soup. 




No comments:

Post a Comment