Saturday, November 28, 2015

back and bigger than ever

Here I am embarking on what feels like the millionth attempt to lose weight.

In case you couldn't tell, I haven't been successful over the past three years.

I've tried almost every diet plan out there from prepackaged freeze dried meals that arrive in the mail to group weight loss to simply trying to cut back on the quantity of food I consume.  And here's the thing.  They all work.

I wish I could say that it's as simple as calories in and calories out for me.  I mean, physically it is.  I'm not claiming a metabolic malfunction or anything like that.  But the reality is that there is so much more to weight loss than just what you eat.

There's the emotional baggage that accompanies long term obesity.  There's societal pressure to look a certain way and the contrary urge to fight against it.  There's food addiction and celebratory eating and personal commitment issues and so many other things that go into weight loss other than simple portion control and exercise.

But amidst all of that going on, I have the desire to do it and I've realized that writing about it is going to be just as an important aspect of the equation to my weight loss success as watching what I eat.

So here's hoping that the 1,548,570,357,025,409,825th time is the charm!




I wanted to get a good before picture but then Dave caught me taking selfies in the bathroom and made fun of me.  How embarrassing!

Starting Weight: 281.5
Current Weight: 272.5

Total Lost: 9 pounds

4 comments:

  1. Dont get discouraged. You can do it! I have noticed that my weight has gone up lately, and reading this has made me realize that I should follow your lead and work on getting in better shape. Thanks for the inspiration. I look forward to reading your posts and seeing how you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont get discouraged. You can do it! I have noticed that my weight has gone up lately, and reading this has made me realize that I should follow your lead and work on getting in better shape. Thanks for the inspiration. I look forward to reading your posts and seeing how you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You inspire me. I will work on my weight too! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are back!!! I fell so encourage when you bñog about your journy thought weight lost!! We are here for you, if you need any online support!! Thr desire to start again is everything!!! You can totally do it!! I am here with you, starting my own journy!! Yayyy!!! Lets do it!!!

    ReplyDelete