Thursday, November 26, 2015

grateful

This year, as with every year, I have so much to be thankful for.


From the most crucial supports of my life to the simple luxuries I enjoy, there is just too much to even fully convey.  But on this day of Thanksgiving and my absolute favorite holiday, I want to take a moment to share just a few.




1. My family

Words can't sufficiently express how much I love my family.  Literally.  Words can't express it.  But I'm going to try anyway.



I don't know what I would be without the support of my amazing loving family.  Well, actually I do.  I would be a big time mess.  From my loving parents who still, after nearly thirty years, care for me almost daily to my babies who I care for daily but would be lost without, to my wonderful husband Dave who helps me care for those babies, each and every member of my entire family supports me in a unique and individual way that I am so grateful I don't have to live without.  I love you all and I hope you never doubt that.




2. The Gospel of Jesus Christ

I love the Gospel.  I am so thankful for a personal testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ and the fact that, however imperfect I may be, He loves me and always will.  I'm grateful for the pattern the Gospel provides for my life.  It is the axis upon which my universe spins and without it, I would be lost.




3. My home

And by that I mean my actual house that keeps my children warm (and cool depending on the season - lol) and my family safe.  However, I also mean my homeland where I enjoy the luxury of freedom thanks to the sacrifice of so many.





4. My health

I feel so lucky to have such great health.  Other than the occasional minor illness, I'm always in good health.  I have never had to endure any major health trauma.  I haven't even broken a bone.  In fact, my only experiences with hospital stays came in the form of delivering my two beautiful children and then I was grateful to live in a time with competent medical care and glorious pain relieving drugs.





5. Diet Coke

I mean, this post was getting a little serious for my first time back to blogging after several months.  And isn't part of the point of Thanksgiving expressing gratitude for the simple joys in life as well?  :)  This sweet carbonated nectar of artificial sugar and caramel coloring is one of my guilty pleasures that I just can't seem to feel guilty about.



There are many, many other things I could enumerate but this post is waxing long and the tryptophan drowsiness is starting to set in.  I'm thankful for a bed right about now.



Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment