Saturday, December 19, 2015

setting sail with st. luke's

Last weekend for Dave's work Christmas party, we went on a lunch cruise!



At first, we felt a little bad for leaving the kids with my parents for so long.  The cruise left from Kemah which is a little over an hour away from where we live and the boat was going to be cruising for three hours.  That's a long time for poor Grandma and Grandpa to be on babysitting duty!  We almost decided not to go but my mom talked us into it.  I'm glad we went because we had such a fun time!  Thanks Mom and Dad!


For lunch we were served Cornish game hens with apple sausage stuffing and little baguettes that were delicious.  I had never had Cornish game hens before and I've always thought they were so fancy!


After lunch, we went upstairs to an open air deck and enjoyed the view.  We cruised up and down a channel that had beautiful and definitely expensive homes on either side.  We had a great time just enjoying the breeze, talking, and watching Dave's fellow employees' crazy dance moves.



But by far, the highlight of the cruise was definitely when I got to sit in the captain's chair and blow the horn.

No comments:

Post a Comment